Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sick House

Everyone at our house has been sick over the past couple weeks. This week Megan developed a pretty bad cough... the doctor diagnosed her with croup, a double ear infection, and bordering on pneumonia... nice. Annalise has also been sick but luckily she and Megan have recovered over the week. Now we're just working on Natalie and Ally. Natalie has been sick most of the week and while Ally has been our healthy one, today she decided that healthy was overrated. In church she was unusually docile and half way through the meeting insisted she need to use the bathroom... so Natalie took her out... and she threw up massive amounts of nastiness (luckily it was all in the toilet... can you imagine if that would have happened while we were sitting in our seats in sacrament meeting?)... hopefully she'll be healthy soon.



And with sick kids comes the unwelcome consequence of less sleep as they get up all night and arise unusually early in the morning. Today was such a morning. Annalise was up about an hour earlier than normal and we tried to get her to keep herself occupied with her toys while the rest of the family slept. Well, she decided she didn't have enough company, so used her sneaky skills (breaking past the child-proof doorknob thingy) and slipped into Megan's room.... of course, Megan woke up, which began the droning cries from her room of "Ma, ma, ma, ma, ma...." So much for our sleep... when I got out of bed to get Megan I began a stern lecture...

"Annalise, you know better than to go into Megan's room and wake her up... why did you go into your sister's room?"

In her most serious tone and dead pan face she replied, "because she really wanted to read some books."

Sure enough Annalise had given her a stack of books for a light morning read... love the logic of a 3 year old... Mom and dad are sleeping. I want them to get up. I'll wake up Megan and that should do the trick. But they'll get mad at me if I wake her up... aha... if I tell them she wanted to read books all will be forgiven.

Rascal.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love it... my favorite thing to do in the morning is to have someone wake me up to read, YES! But most of all, I love the logic of Annalise. That is a great story... I'm sorry everybody has been sick, that is not any fun. Get well soon...