
Recently, Ally has developed an interest in time. She's not necessarily interested in learning how to tell time... just knowing what time it is. For example, it wouldn't be uncommon for Ally to interrupt a dinner conversation to ask, "What time is it?" We're still trying to figure out where she developed this particular curiosity. If it's five o'clock, what does that really mean for a five-year-old? Anyway, the other day I thought it might be fun to engage Ally in a time conversation. I was brushing Annalise's teeth and called out to her,
"Ally, what time is it?"
"Daddy, I don't know how to do time yet..."
"...but I think it's 28."
"Really?"
"Yeah, it's 28."
And she was so confident... OK, so telling time is her hobby, but not necessarily her strong point... gotta love the effort though.
3 comments:
That's so funny that's she's so concerned with time. And I love how she knew she didn't know how to tell time yet, but still gave it her best guess. 28 sounds like a great time.
That is so precious!! Out of the mouth of babes is where you can hear the funniest and sometimes most shocking things!!
Oh yeah, Madison is totally obsessed with knowing the time. She can't probably even recognize every number, nor tell you what the time means, but she wants to know!
Post a Comment