Josh was SO proud of his expertise in building a fire because he had barely gotten it started when the rain hit and it never went out!!! What a stud, huh? He seriously was hilarious though. He would run out in the rain to check on "his baby" and make sure it would stay strong. I swear he was giving the fire little pep talks while being drenched! I couldn't stop laughing at what a little kid he is...I love it!
Anyway, after the rain stopped, we ate, roasted marshmallows and put the kids to bed. The adults all hung out outside and ate and played games over the camp fire. It was so much fun! The next day we went swimming and cliff jumping in the lake. Everyone was super tired by the end of the day, so we all went home cleaned up and came back to our house for a great BYU game on TV! It was such a fun family memory!








16 comments:
your girls are beautiful - can't get over it. that looked like a really fun trip.
yeah for natalie, she's blogging again...next year, we are THERE, just couldn't do that with a new born...and out of all the days it could RAIN right? silly Texas weather. i think Tanna went out to that lake a couple weekends ago and they seamed to really enjoy it...we WILL want a cabin for sure. we cabined it up to Utah two years ago in October, if you go to KOA's they offer cabins at most locations - it was anywhere from $10 to $30 cheaper than a hotel depending on the location. i grew up doing the KOA/cabin thing with family, but we don't have the money for a RV right now (someday right). have a great weekend and keep blogging.
Ally is looking skinny! School must be taking a little toll - did for some of my boys as well. Wish we could have gone as well. Amy Jo
Oh that looks like so much fun!! I am glad to see you got some free time to blog again! I hope you are enjoying having Josh back home again!! I'll see you this afternoon!
What a fun trip! I'm so glad we can keep up with each other this way. It is so much fun seeing pictures of everybody. Your girls are darling. Miss you guys!!
I need to get that picture of all your girls and my Luke on the water float! We had a blast camping--we'd love to go again! Thanks for letting us stay in your cabin while the rain was drenching our tent!
What a fun time! I'm glad you were able to stay dry too. Josh is so funny! But way to go on keeping the fire going. Those pictures are great!! Glad you had fun!
Love that! You guys are great!! I bet it was a great time. But yes, camping can be exhausting. Time for a long nap!
that looks like a lot of fun. we've only been camping once and we'd like to take ellie, but we aren't sure what that will be like...fun or terrible. it would be fun to have a lake like that so close!
This wasn't in October was it?!!!
It is FREEZING here in Utah! I hope you are doing well, your family is so cute and looks like so much fun!!!
Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun!!! What a cute family! : ) I am so glad that things are going so well for all of you. You absolutely deserve it! : )
Natalie, hey it's Libby. I found your blog on Nicole's. Your girls are gorgeous just like their mamma! It will be fun to stay in touch! I can't believe how long it's been since I have seen you. Sad! I hope life is treating you well. It sounds like you had a fun time "camping"!
Wow, you make camping look fun! We have yet to do a camping trip with our little family, but I am hoping we'll get out this next spring. Happy Holidays!
Natalie! I found your blog! How are you? Your girls look so beautiful.
OK - we know you guys are busy, but how about a new post sometime this decade???!!! Love you! Melissa
So...sometime when we visit, can we go to Ink's lake too? It looks like so much fun! Hope you have a fabulous & wonderful Christmas...I'm feeling the need to come visit soon. I was telling Ryan the other day that I miss Ally! :)
Jen
Post a Comment