The night before school began I think Ally was so excited that she couldn't sleep. We put her to bed before 8pm, but she didn't go to sleep until after 10pm!! I was so worried since she'd be getting up so early, but as soon as I went into her room, she popped out of bed and was ready to go! It was really cute.
Since everyone was still sleeping, just Ally and I said "family prayer." She thought that was so weird to just have to 2 of us say it! We now have a cute little rotaion going that she came up with herself. We take turns, for instance: if she says her personal prayer first, then I say family prayer, and then it is her turn to say the blessing on the food. We switch depending on the order and who says what. Let me tell you, it feels like we are praying a lot!!! But she said "This is just how I want to do it." She likes the whole idea of taking turns. Now I wish she would enjoy that concept just as much with her sisters!!
During family prayer, I got a litle choked up asking for protection for my "baby" during the day. She was so cute and (while still floding her one arm and closing her eyes) put one hand out and started rubbing my arm to comfort me!! It was so precious. I swear that girl is so sweet and she really cares about peoples feelings.
Anyway, we arae doing a carpool with another family in our ward and I take in the morning. Ally likes going to pick up her friends and riding with them all of 3 minutes to the school.
Ally was so ready for thee classroom. I was the one who didn't want to leave. It was really difficult. I have had her by me constantly her entire life and to just let her go for a whole day for so long and not even know who I was leaving ehr with was a really weird feeling. I told Ally it was time for me to leave and she put both of her hands on my face, tilted her head and said in a sweet voice, "Just stay a lttle longer mom." Of course I did!!
After I finally left the tears started flowing as I walked down the hall. I even had to go back and peek in the window to just double check that she was okay because she did start to get a little sad when I was actually leaving.
She had a great day, but broke out into tears when I asked her how her day was because she said she was bad!! I felt so bad for her and it took forever to get her to tell me what she did that was so bad! Finally she told me that she had a time staying in her chair and had to be reminded a lot! :) Poor girl. She tries so hard to be good and she knows right from wrong, but she just has such a hard time controlling that little body of hers; she has so much energy!
All in all it was a success and she was excited to go back the next day.



12 comments:
She is so darling! These pictures really show how much she has grow up since the Peoria days!! It is crazy to think they are in Kindergarten now! And 6:30 that is even crazier!!
You're great mom Natalie! Ally is so pretty in pink! Tell Ally for me that I know she is a very special and good girl.
such fun stories! you are such a great mom... she is so lucky. you let her know i said so... ok?
i got your message from my birthday, but i can only hear part of it... and my new phone doesn't have you number.
could you email or call me?
miss you.
OH, the first day of kindergarten is so hard. I can't imagine all day and 6:30 AM to boot. Wow. Hang in there mom. I'd like to tell you it gets easier with each kid but that would be a lie. It is really hard sending your kids, who you love so much, off to a whole new environment with complete strangers. I still consider homeschooling every once in a while. Great pictures. We love you guys.
natalie she is so cute. Lucy starts kindergarten on tuesday. This is a fun time of year. Are we really old enough to have kids going to school??!?!?
She is so cute, and all of a sudden looking kind of grown-up. I love the prayer routine!
Our little girls are all big now! Ally looks so grown up. I'm sure she will do great at school. Mariah has school all day too. She comes home exhausted, but happy.
Oh my, Natalie, she is the cutest thing!!!!! I completely understand the tears. The seem sooo big all of a sudden. You are a terrific mom with a huge heart.
Wow! Beautiful family Natalie - your girls are getting so big. Hope you are well!!! Love, Becky
Hello friend, we so have to hook up the kids. We had her teacher last year for Cooper, she was teaching 1st grade. You'll love her. She's so great with the kids, gets down and plays with them, fabulous teacher. She lives across the street from my old house. Tell her Ally is going to marry Porter, and you'll be set for life. She loves my boys. Amy Jo
She looked so cute for her first day! And I love how she comforted you during your prayers!! That is so precious!! And I know where she gets her caring spirit from, YOU! Way to go on your first day Mom and Ally!!
Where are the updates Natalie? It's not like you're busy or anything! (read with sarcasm) I know you've got to have some pictures to put on!!
Post a Comment