Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family Prayer



Annalise asked to say Family Prayers yesterday morning before Josh went to work. She said such a nice prayer...she is only 3 years old!! In the middle of her prayer she said, "and thankful daddy works so hard for us (awww), and mommy don't work so hard for us." She kept on going with her prayer but Josh and I opened our eyes (yes irreverent!) and looked at eachother and tried to hold back laughter.
After the prayer Josh kindly pointed out to her that I work hard too and gave some great examples. :) I guess I am JUST a mom...and it's a piece of cake! She is too cute!

6 comments:

amy stansel said...

Natalie
this is soooo funny!!!

The Randall Family said...

LOL! Oh my goodness that is so cute. : ) I love it when Kailey prays. It is one of my favorite experiences as a Mom. : )

Thanks so much for the congratulations. We are so excited. I have been so busy with all of the little girl stuff for the last few years and I know that having a boy will be totally different. I'm so used to ballet, tutus, jewelry, dress up, dolls and hair styles. LOL! We are just thrilled though and it will be so much fun to have a little boy. : )

Joanne said...

Haha! I love it. My kids are always trying to figure out who works harder, Mom or Dad.

Unknown said...

I just can't get over that Josh "asks" you to blog...Jamie may have seen "our" blog three times total? I love little children's prayers, they are just so honest = they might be wrong, but in their little minds they know what they mean. Jamie and I have been dealing with the concept of who works harder, who gets to go to a place that gets cleaned up EVERY NIGHT without lifting a finger? That would truely be so nice, having a maid - when I wake up my whole house is clean! I can dream.

Kimberly said...

That's awesome!!! You gotta love the prespective of children. Out of the mouth of babes right? Thanks for sharing she's so funny!!

Jen said...

I think family prayer was invented to ease tension because prayer here isn't what you would call a spirit inviting occasion. Any way, you kids are darling. Thanks for the thought of the day! The Parr's