
The other day Ally broke one of our rules. We don't let the kids touch the t.v. (unless we tell them to)because we don't want them to just turn it on anytime they want to. Also, they can't read and don't know which buttons do what; they just end up pressing the wrong buttons, then pressing more buttons to try and fix the problem, and causing a wonderful mess of everything!
So, Ally touched the t.v. and came to tell me that it "wasn't working anymore." Hmmm I wonder why?? So I told her that she didn't get to watch t.v. anymore since she couldn't obey the rules. She threw a fit (as she tends to do on a regular basis). She was sobbing and so distraught because she was in trouble (she likes to always be on your good side). I told her that when she breaks rules there are consequences and that she knows that. She repeatedly said, "No I don't know!" I was like a broken record and kept telling her that she did know..."when you make a choice there is always a consequence and you do know that!"
Finally through labored breathing and continuous sobs she said, "No I don't know that there will be consequences...and I don't even know what consequences means!!!!!"
I couldn't help myself and I busted up laughing!! She was so startled (I hardly ever laugh during discipline; I am just extra nice after we've gotten the situation settled!!) and didn't quite know what to think. Then she just started laughing super hard with me! She is such a doll! I love her to pieces!
Poor kids...it must be so hard to try and figure us grow-ups out sometimes!
3 comments:
After Izabel was born my friend Beth (she's in one of the pictures in the slide show) came and helped me set up "Rules / Privledges" for Abigail. Not that we didn't already have them, they just were't written down. It's helped so much. I guess if I just said "what's the consequence" Abigail would be the same way, but if you tell her she's going to loose a privledge she KNOWS what that means.
Oh my goodness. That is so cute! LOL! Thank you for your comment! : ) I actually got the idea to teach Kailey the Articles of Faith from your sister. We were at her house forever ago and I remembered you telling me that she had taught her kids those. Time flies by doesn't it? That was so long ago! LOL! : )
Yes, life is definitely tough when you're 5! She is darling Natalie!
Post a Comment