Monday, December 7, 2009

Our first cruise!




Last month Josh and I had the best vacation! My Grandama and her husband Howard decided that they wanted to spend their inheritance while they are alive, so they decided to take all of his grandchildren and spouses and all of her grandchildren and spouses on a cruise together (over 50 of us went!)! Earlier this year they took all of their children together and they had a wonderful time. Josh and I could not believe how generous they were to do this for us! They paid for the cruise and an excursion for each of us at both stops. All we had to do was get to the port, which was in Galveston, so we just drove! It was amazing and my mom was SO awesome and flew down to watch the girls for us while we went!

I hadn't seen some of my cousins in almost 13 years, so this was such a great time to reconnect and create new memories. 3 of my siblings Raelene, Renae and Kent and their spouses came too (we really missed Reed, Rob and Katie!). We went to Progresso and Cozumel while we were there. In Progresso we saw some of the Mayan ruins (amazing!) and in Cozumel "we" (I couldn't go because of the pregnancy) rented jeeps and went snorkeling off the beach. We had such a great time being together, playing games, eating yummy food and relaxing!
I got super seasick and couldn't hold anything down(my Dr. said I couldn't because of the pregnancy), but Josh had been able to take medicine 3 days before we left so it was in his system, so he felt just fine!

Josh had to play doctor for a little bit, but he was a good sport. One of our favorite memories was playing mafia. That is one of Josh's favorite games and we played it almost every night with a group of about 20 people or more. We did karaoke and had so much ice cream that we felt sick! It was such an amazing time and we are so grateful to Grandma and Howard for this wonderful experience! Josh says that he wants to go on a cruise once a year! hahaha I told him I just can't be pregnant again so I can take medicine and not be sick!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Good for y'all! I'm sure a cruise would be much more enjoyable un-pregnant...but how fun!

Jo Jo said...

I think your parents inspired my parents because they want to do one for their 50th, dutch. Great idea to do for the grand children.

Anonymous said...

What a fun family get-together! It looks like you had a great time, in spite of the sea sickness. I have a hard time on boats too and know that horrible feeling. I am sorry that you couldn't fully enjoy your vacation...maybe next time! :-)

Ellie said...

I really enjoyed reading yuor blog. I myself just started a blog and would like you to visit it at www.ellieschaub.blogspot.com and check it out. It's called the Schaub family. Thanx!

Mittelstadt Family said...

Super fun! Ethan has always wanted to go there and who doesn't love a cruise?!