Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's a...

My goodness do I go in spurts or what?!

We went in for our ultra sound about a month ago and found out we are having a healthy baby BOY! Josh said, "What? Check again!" It was so funny. I of course started crying...something I seem to do when I found out what we are having every time! We would've been happy with either a boy or a girl (Josh was definitely thinking more girl hee hee)but we are just as excited as can be to have a little boy join our family. Josh has had a name picked out for years since he was sure Ally and Annalise we both going to be boys. Now that we will be having a boy it wasn't hard for Josh to decide on his name. I of course said he could choose the first name (if he is only going to have 1 son then I figure he should get to name him!). My only condition was that I would get to choose the middle name. Anyway, after really no thought at all we decided to name him Jacob Joshua Dayton. Josh has always wanted a little Jake running around, so we are really excited for him to join our family.

The doctor officially pushed back my due date until March 5th, so now I have a couple more weeks to wait! All of the girls came 2 weeks/ 2 1/2 weeks early, so maybe I'll still have him in February...we just don't know how things will go with a boy!

I think Megan may be the most excited. She is obsessed with her baby brother and talks to him and about him constantly. He is the first thing she notices when she wakes up and she includes him in every family activity (and prayer)! It is the most adorable thing I have seen! I must admit - it is fun having older kids to appreciate a new baby on the way. Since I had my first 3 kids so fast and close together they didn't know what was going on each time another baby came along! We feel so blessed to know that this little guy gets to come join our family in a few months!

9 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Taber is dying for a little boy, hopefully next time around : ) I love the name too, my little brother's name is Jake and I've always thought it was such a great name! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for your family. I hope you and Jacob remain healthy, and that the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

KarenB said...

Yay! I'm so exited for you! That little boy is going to be so pampered with three sweet older sisters. Congratulations!

Beth Jamison said...

How exciting and wonderful!! I am so thrilled for your family :) I love his name :) I am glad that all is well and that your going to have a little guy :)

Holly said...

Congratulations! How exciting to have a boy! You will have to let us know what it is like

Maylene said...

Congratulations! That will be fun to have a little boy. I bet he will have so much fun with all his cute older sisters :)

Jaime said...

Dayton is thrilled to add another boy cousin to the family. We can't wait to meet him. We sure hope Josh is starting to feel a little better. You guys are in our prayers.
Love you.

T. Bateman said...

Congrats, Natalie. I was home for Christmas and my mom told me you were expecting again. I know it's been a tough few months for you and I hope you are doing well!

stampinashley said...

Yay!! Congrats!! You are following in apparently the righteous pattern of having 3 girls THEN one boy! It's been fun, my girls love their little brother, you are going to love it! Congrats!