Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Christmas Tree Lighting at the Domain
We had heard that the lighting of the giant Christmas Tree at the Domain (in Austin) was a really neat thing to see, so we packed up the kids and went to see for ourselves. It was packed! We had Jake in the big stroller so we were a wide load! For some reason the event was running really behind, so we waited for quite a while. This is definitely not Josh's idea of fun. Four cold, tired and hungry kids (and hungry daddy) from waiting so long, with big crowds and no room to breath is not his idea of fun! haha I look at it as a family memory, but definitely one we will not repeat in the future. It just wasn't worth the effort. The tree (once it was lit) was beautiful, but Jake grew hungry so I missed the actual lighting since I had to go inside and find a place to sit while I nursed the little guy. After the lighting, however, the girls were able to write notes to Santa and "mail" them to him - which they thought was pretty cool. It was a fun time to just be out as a family even with all of the chaos!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment