We went to the Austin Zoo and although it was smaller than any zoo we had been to before, it was still really fun! There was a sleeping cougar right at the edge of the big caged area it was kept and daring Grandma "petted" it while it slept! It woke up once and looked at her for a second and then went back to sleep!
There were a lot of birds there and we chatted with them for quite a while. It was so cool to hear them say so much. We got a kick out of it and I am sure our girls were as confused as ever!
Afterwards we went to try a local BBQ place and then headed to Zilker Park to check it out. We saw the cutest dogs there looking for a home and Josh and Grandma were set on their new home being ours!! Some day... :)
We had a great time and the girls were finally healthy enough to go, or so we thought. On our way home after a long day Megan had had enough and threw-up all over herself in the car. It was a yucky way to end such a great day! We miss Grandma and Grandpa, so come back soon!











2 comments:
Fun!! I didn't even know there was a zoo in Austin!! Poor Meggy getting sick in the car : ( That's not fun at all!!
I haven't been to the zoo in Austin, but back in the late 80s Idaho Falls had a zoo...now that was small! I'm wondering if I didn't get what Megan had (not feeling so great right this moment). Kuddos for all the posts.
Post a Comment