Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Girls meet Jake!













As soon as we found out that Jake was coming home and that he was no longer going to be in the NICU (he would be "rooming in" with us) we called home to tell the girls and Grandma. When my mom answered the phone she immediately said Ally wanted to talk to me since I had talked to Annalise and Megan earlier in the day and she didn't get to talk (she was at school). Mom knew that Josh and I would be coming home the next day and had told the girls. Ally was so excited and wanted to tell me how happy she was. She said, "I know you are coming home tomorrow, but not Jakey." I said, "Actually Ally we just found out that he is coming home with us tomorrow!" I wish everyone could've heard how excited she was! She said, "He is?!" And then told Grandma, "Jake is coming home...Jake is coming home!" My mom said, "What? Let me talk to her!" My mom go on the phone and I told her that he was coming home and she just screamed! Everyone was SO excited! Ally insisted the phone be put on speaker so she could hear. I told them that we were being moved to another room and that Jake was going to get to stay with us for the night! Before I called home I had asked the nurses and doctors if our girls could come and finally see their brother. They said as long as we are careful that they could come.

I told my mom that she could bring the girls up that night to come and meet him for the first time. Since I was on speaker phone all of the girls could hear and just went crazy! They said let's go right now! They all ran and got their shoes and socks on and their coats. Before mom and I were off of the phone all of the girls were waiting at the door to get in the car! hahaha It was so funny! They were just thrilled to meet their little brother.

Mom stopped and got all of the girls happy meals to celebrate and they brought their dinner to the hospital and we all had dinner together. When they came into the room (before they could come and see mom and Jake) they all went straight to the bathroom to wash their hands. Then one by one they came out and were able to see and hold their little brother for the first time. It was just awesome. We had a great time together as a whole family for the first time. It was such a blessing! We had waited so long for this little boy to be with us and finally he was here where he should be - with all of us - who loved him so much!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The lighting in the room when you took the picture of Jake close up was perfect. His skin coloring and the glow of his hair are precious! Cute family!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. The girls look elated to finally hold their baby brother! I think Jake looks so much like Josh.