Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Natalie's 28th b-day

















What a wonderful birthday I had this year! I am one who just loves birthdays and have always liked a party! The past couple of years I have made my birthday a big deal for the girls since they get excited for birthdays as well. All they think about when it is someone's birthday is the party. What better party than going to Chucky Cheese! We rarely go there (pretty much only for a birthday) and so it is quite the hit! That is where we have gone for the past two years. This year of course I couldn't go anywhere because of the pregnancy so I felt bad that I couldn't make my birthday as special as I would've liked for my girls.

Little did I know that Kayla would make it one of the best birthday's yet! That morning while I was sleeping she went with Annalise and Megan and had lunch with Ally at school. They even brought her McDonald's which she had never had at school before (and had been asking for for weeks since other kids get it brought in)! That was pretty exciting for her. Then Kayla came home and began to make me a birthday cake.

The girls love playing "Candyland" so she came up with the awesome and super duper creative idea to make me a "Candyland" cake! She bought a bunch of candy to go on it and had the girls unwrap all of it! They worked hard and did such a great job! They all helped and had so much fun getting everything ready. It was a surprise for me and Annalise and Megan had to wait until Ally got home from school so they could all work on it together. These 3 little girls did an amazing job about keeping this a secret (especially considering how excited they were about the whole thing). They didn't say a thing. How hard must that be for a 3 year old? They are actually really good about "keeping secrets." They didn't tell anyone when we told them I was pregnant and that it was a secret...amazing!

Anyway, after making the cake and decorating it amazingly (Kayla is SO talented!) they made party hats and birthday cards and blew up balloons to have all over the house for our birthday party! It was so awesome! I loved their cards so much...they were so sweet.

Then we opened presents and they loved helping me with that. My amazing friends Eric and Mnisa surprised me with an awesome awesome birthday gift: a new diaperbag filled with baby essentials! It was incredible and almost everything in there was something I had been wanting/needing to get, but hadn't had time! It was so thoughtful and generous of them (especially after everything else they had already done!). That bag was stuffed full, so the girls took turns handing me all of the surprise gifts hidden inside. It was a blast for me to have so many presents! Josh surprised me and made me our first "blog book." I have been asking for one for a while and he was so awesome and made me one. I couldn't beleive that he found/made the time to do it for me with everything that was going on (he had that major test to study for too!). He was so sweet and I just love the book!! My parents gave me money that I spent earlier to go towards our big screen TV and Josh's parents gave me some great nursing pajamas for after Jake was born...all really wonderful gifts.

After presents we had cake and ice cream and then we let the girls play "Rockband" for the first time. They had seen Aunt Kayla and Daddy playing it many times and had wanted to try but hadn't been able to. What better time to start than at a party! They were so excited to try! Each of them took a turn sitting on Aunt Kayla's lap and helped her play the drums...it was so cute and fun to watch. They loved it and had a great time.

After they went to bed Kayla and Josh kept playing "Rockband" and I began having some major contractions. I figured I would be going into the hospital that night or the next day and so I went crazy trying to finish all of the "thank you" cards I needed to write from all of the gifts I received at my baby shower 2 days before. I was breathing through them and Josh and Kayla just laughed at me. I finished them all before I had to go! Unfortunately I didn't have time to address them, so they didn't get mailed out until after I came home from the hospital! Oh well!

I held off going to the hospital as long as I could so that Jake could have his own special day and as soon as I figured we'd be in the clear we left for the hospital. When we got there the Dr. said that I had progressed to a 4 and was 80% dilated, so they said they would prep for the c-section. It was a crazy night, but a wonderful birthday that I will always treasure and remember. I gave birth to my little Jacob 23 minutes after my birthday ended!

The next night before the girls went to bed (Josh and I were at the hospital of course) the girls all had a great time trying to pop all of the balloons from the party before they went to bed! Kayla really made my birthday so special for me and for my girls and I am so grateful that she was there to help us all celebrate. Without her there for this one it wouldn't have been near as fun!

No comments: