Saturday, January 30, 2010

Josh passesd his test!

In November Josh came home and told me that he had signed up for the SPHR exam for work. He wanted to take this test last year, but was unable to because he was on a recruiting trip. It seemed like bad timing with the fact that I had just started having these leg and feet issues and that I was so busy in my calling, but is there ever really a good time? He was supposed to take a 3 day (all-day) class on the material to help prepare him for the test, but the week before the classes began he broke his collarbone. He was pretty bummed that he had to miss the class because it would be so beneficial. He had 6 books of study material for the test and he just started plugging away at it little by little. It was really hard at first because he was still trying to recover from his injury, but then after he was "back to normal" it was still difficult to study after a long day at work. He was also being so helpful with things around the house that by the time the kids were in bed he was tired. The last thing he wanted to do was study, so he would take a little break (well deserved)and then stay up late trying to get a little studying in.

The SPHR exam is a test that is a hard one - similar to something like the GMAT. When Josh took the GMAT he studied a ton! I was worried that he wasn't able to put enough study time into this test and then he wouldn't pass it. I guess the pass rate isn't very high because the test is so difficult, so with Josh not being able to study as much as he would've liked we were both worried. On the practice tests he took he was just borderline as far as passing/failing. I prayed so much for him. The reason he wasn't able to study as much as he/I would've liked him to was because he was being so amazing here at home providing and caring for his family. I knew that the things he was doing here really did come first in the grand scheme of things, so I prayed that the Lord would bless us with a tender mercy and help tip the scales for him to pass. I even asked all of my family to pray as well!

The Lord was so merciful and Josh passed!! He took the entire 4 hours and could've used more time! He said that he literally could feel divine help while he was taking the test. There were some questions that he answered and then all of a sudden knew he needed to change the answer. He knew that the only way that happened was because the Lord guided him to make the changes. There were other questions he read where he didn't know the answer at all. When he came back to it the answer was so clear. It is such a blessing to have the help of a loving Heavenly Father in the things we all face in life. I am just so grateful that the Lord gave us this wonderful gift! Great job Josh! I am SO proud of you!! I couldn't ask for a better provider for our family, father for our children and husband for myself! I love you!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Congrats Josh on passing! I know you worked so hard on it and with everything you've all been through you totally deserve this!! I just spent the last few mintues reading through your posts and wow, I am amazed at your strength. I really hope and pray that all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy 9which hopefully isn't too much longer!) and that you can welcome your cute baby boy to your home! And sorry Josh about breaking your colar bone too, ouch! I'm glad you're feeling better. You are a trooper. Natalie, I've always been awed by your positive attitude in life. You're a great example to me. Again I hope all goes well for your wonderful family! Hang in there!! Love ya!