Annalise has been waiting for her birthday for an entire year! That may sound obvious, but seriously this girl has talked about her birthday and what she wants to do for it and when it is at least every week since she turned 4. She knew that she had to wait until after Christmas, but she was still thrilled. When the kids turn an even number they get to have a friend party and when they turn an odd number they have a family party. The friend party is something usually at our house or the park and the family party we go out and do something special. Annalise decided that she wanted to go to Inflatable Wonderland. It is a jumping place at the mall and we have been there a few times. It is always a special treat to get to go there becasue it is a bit of a drive. Ally and Megan were so excited that they "were invited" to Annalise's party. Annalise was thrilled about going and playing with her sisters. One of my favorite things is watching the girls play at jumping places. I was SO sad that I could not go and celebrate Annalise's birthday with the family. She was a sweetheart and was so understanding about the fact that I needed to stay home. All of the girls have actually been so great through all of this craziness with me having to be on bed rest. They all know that we are all working together to get their baby brother here. Anyway, what we decided was that Josh would take the kids to play for lisey's "party" and then they would go to the food court and have dinner together (they loved that!). After-wards they would come home for presents and cake. Annalise was so excited that I would be waiting at home when they arrived and that I would get to be a part of the presents and cake and ice cream.
I was so excited when they came home. I called Josh while they were there just to feel a part of the whole experience a bit, but it was even better when they came home and told me all about their fun. Annalise wanted to open presents first (my mom had wrapped these before she left too!) so we did that. She got a flashlight from her sisters and a new Leapster game from mom and dad. Grandma and Grandpa Dayton sent her $20 that we put into a balloon that she had pop (that was fun!) and Grandma and Granddad Nixon gave her a life size doll head where you can do her hair. Josh and I also gave her a kid digital camera which she thought was pretty cool. Unfortunately it didn't work well at all so we returned it.
After she opened her presents she was ready for us to sing to her! She requested chocolate cake with pink frosting, so that's what she had. All of the girls love cake (especially the frosting) and ice cream. After that it was time for baths and bed. It was a really fun day for the whole family. Even though I wasn't there for the actual party I can say that I like family parties so much better than friend parties. I want to do them every year! Who knows...we may switch things in the near future. It is just so much better spending some special time doing a special activity (that we do not get to do too often) together! I love my family and I am so glad that Annalise had a great 5th birthday! I can not beleive that she is already 5 years old! She is a wonderful little girl and I am so grateful that she is mine!
1 comment:
Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.
Post a Comment