Since the girls missed seeing Santa Claus this year at the extravaganza at Ally's school we decided to just wait and have them see "Santa" at the ward Christmas party. My mom and I looked into seeing him at the mall or something like that but it was just way too expensive. The malls around here are a bit of a drive too and I didn't want my mom to have to do that (she was more than willing) so we figured they would be fine just seeing him at the church. It was funny because although Ally couldn't tell who Santa was, she did recognize him and after talking with him she told Josh (he took the girls to the party) that he wasn't real and that he was really one of his friends! haha She was observant~! She still totally believes and it makes me laugh. I am not too into Santa Claus so I don't go into all of the fun stories that I could. I am silly and I don't want to convince them that something/someone is real when they are not. I want them to be able to trust me completely for all of the years to come ( I am sure they would anyway!). I know it may sound weird, but I also do not ever want them to doubt our Heavenly Father's existence or our Saviors, so I keep the conversations pretty much to "what do you think?" Good thing for them that Josh is actually fun!! We do not have a chimney so when the girls have asked how Santa gets into our home he comes up with fun stories about a magic door handle on our front door and silly stuff like that. The girls just love it and Josh has a great time with them. Maybe it's good that they have a little of both sides of the scale in their parents! Even though Santa wasn't "real" this year, the girls still liked seeing him.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Santa Claus
Since the girls missed seeing Santa Claus this year at the extravaganza at Ally's school we decided to just wait and have them see "Santa" at the ward Christmas party. My mom and I looked into seeing him at the mall or something like that but it was just way too expensive. The malls around here are a bit of a drive too and I didn't want my mom to have to do that (she was more than willing) so we figured they would be fine just seeing him at the church. It was funny because although Ally couldn't tell who Santa was, she did recognize him and after talking with him she told Josh (he took the girls to the party) that he wasn't real and that he was really one of his friends! haha She was observant~! She still totally believes and it makes me laugh. I am not too into Santa Claus so I don't go into all of the fun stories that I could. I am silly and I don't want to convince them that something/someone is real when they are not. I want them to be able to trust me completely for all of the years to come ( I am sure they would anyway!). I know it may sound weird, but I also do not ever want them to doubt our Heavenly Father's existence or our Saviors, so I keep the conversations pretty much to "what do you think?" Good thing for them that Josh is actually fun!! We do not have a chimney so when the girls have asked how Santa gets into our home he comes up with fun stories about a magic door handle on our front door and silly stuff like that. The girls just love it and Josh has a great time with them. Maybe it's good that they have a little of both sides of the scale in their parents! Even though Santa wasn't "real" this year, the girls still liked seeing him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment