Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kayla and Josh Visit Jake in the NICU









Since Jake was born at 12:23am it was a long day. Kayla brought the girls up to the hospital, but because it is flu season the NICU is closed to all kids. In fact, they do not allow any visitors in there except for Grandparents and parents. We received special permission to have Kayla go in and visit. The girls stayed in with me and Josh and Kayla went to see little Jake. I was SO glad that Kayla was able to see him. She had helped out so much and I wanted her to be able to see what a special little guy she was doing this all for! I seriously was so happy that he came before she left (the next day!). I think Kayla loved being able to see her little nephew! It will be great because we have a Nixon reunion this summer and she will be able to see how much he has grown (provided he is well enough by then to go)! Kayla came back into my hospital room and could only say how perfect he was! I was just thrilled since I had barely been able to see him myself. I am so glad this little guy is so loved!
Our home teacher and good friend came up as well to help Josh give Jacob a blessing. I felt really strong that he needed some extra strength to get him through his first days of life. I know that the Lord was by his side and I was grateful that we were able to receive special permission once again to have a visitor in the NICU. I am so grateful for the priesthood!

7 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

OH my goodness!! He is so adorable!! Great job guys!!!

Liz said...

He doesn't look nearly small enough to be in NICU. I know he's early, but was that just precautionary?

Kirstin said...

Oh what a precious little boy! Boys are so fun! Congrats and good luck with the recovery!

Jo Jo said...

He's a bIG boy! I can't believe how big he is. So so so precious! Love his blonde hair.

Ralphie said...

Dear Dayton family,

We have been thinking of you and praying that things are going better. He is so sweet. We hope you are all together soon and that Natalie's body can heal quickly.

Lots of love.

Unknown said...

Oh! Jake is so sweet! We are praying for him and your family. God Bless.

Michelle said...

Grandma just called and told me the GREAT NEWS. A BOY!!! Yea! I'm impressed you got pics in the O.R. The doc's don't allow that here.