Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jake's numbers dropped again

So after our great news about Jake's numbers going up we called the doctor to see if we were in the clear for Jake to have a procedure done that we have had to put off due to his health situation. She said that we needed to have his blood count tested again before we could do the procedure so we could have two different tests under his belt that showed his neutrophils at being over 1000. The results came back on Monday and they had dropped by about 400! This was definitely not expected and I was really surprised. The doctor isn't concerned at this point about Jake being neutropenic, but the levels are definitely below the range of being comfortable like we were getting before. Now we are back to being cautious (we actually never stopped being cautious to begin with since I have still been trying to recover and have not really gone anywhere - this c-section has been a beast and my stomach/body still really hurts!). Our poor little Jacob. When I heard the news I just felt so bad for him. Of course you would never know that he is "sick" by looking at him because he looks like a perfectly healthy baby boy on the outside. It is hard to not know how my little guy is doing without a blood test. When people ask me how he is I am not really sure how to answer! All I know is that I keep praying for him to get well so that his body can have everything it needs to survive in this world.

Megan got strep throat this past week and I am sure that didn't help Jake's little body. We had to keep Megan away from Jake and she was so sad that she couldn't hold him! Anyway, we will have his blood tested again on April 6th and hopefully his body will be recovered by then! It will be so nice for our whole family to be able to go to church again together! It has been SUCH a long time! I am really grateful for the opportunity to partake of the sacrament here at home. It is really special to feel the Spirit really strong during that ordinance even being at home. I am grateful for the strength that I have been given and I am also grateful for modern day technology that allows me to watch BYU TV and listen to devotionals and conference talks so I can feel like I am having my own sacrament meeting here at home. I know that in time Jake will be better and that we will all be able to go out and enjoy all of the wonderful things this life has to offer as a family. Just having Jake here and part of our family is a wonderful blessing and worth everything involved.

3 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Hopefully it's just a two step forward one step backward kind of climb in numbers. We love you. Hang in there! You have a great attitude, a great support system, and a wonderful, wonderful man.

Danny and Nicole Larson said...

bummer, how frustrating. We will keep you in our prayers. I hope they improve soon!

Anonymous said...

What an unexpected road for your family, and especially for little Jake! I am sorry to hear that he isn't making the progress that was initially anticipated after the first blood tests. You have such inspiring optimism, tremendous faith, and are doing a fabulous job!