Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tender moments

A couple of months ago on a Sunday evening we decided to watch "The Testaments" together as a family because it had been a while since we had seen it. I love watching church movies with my kids and explaining to them more about our Savior. They were really into it and we talked a lot. I always get so emotional during that movie and of course Ally does too because she is just like me in that area! She was bawling and it was a wonderful time to just share with the girls how blessed we are for what our Savior has done for us.

After the movie was over and the credits were rolling and we were done talking we all just sat there quietly for a little bit. Annalise out of nowhere said, "Mom, I want to bear my testimony." I was shocked! I didn't even know she really knew what a testimony was! She wasn't even 5 years old and here she wanted to share her feelings with the family. I was so touched. We have a place where the girls get up every family home evening and practice the articles of faith for us as their audience, so she went right up there and bore her sweet testimony. It was so touching and so heartfelt and real. This was so special also considering that Annalise is the "shy" one of the 3 girls (sometimes she decided to be shy and sometimes she isn't).

Right after she was done Ally said that she wanted to bear her testimony, so she got right up and shared hers. What was so surprising about that was that she said and did exactly what she would say/do in Sacrament meeting! She started with "I would like to bear my testimony and said some really sweet things and then ended "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Josh and I just looked at each other in amazement. Of course Megan had to go next and her sweet testimony was so adorable. It was a very special evening for me to see my sweet little girls so close to the spirit. It was a great opportunity for us to then talk about the feelings of the Holy Ghost. I love my kids SO much!! Thank you for being such a wonderful example Annalise!

2 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Wow, what a sweet experience. You'll treasure that always. I guess we need to get that movie.

Anonymous said...

I love the testimonies of children; they are always so sincere and poignant. Clearly, you and Josh are raising your children right!