Monday, April 7, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt at Fritz Park

Saturday Morning we headed off to do the Annual Easter Egg Hunt at the local park here in Hutto. The girls were pretty excited because the Hutto Hippo was there AND the Easter Bunny! There was a ton of candy there. They had an area separated where the kids would do their hunt.

First it was 0-3 years old and they could have parents with them. Ally stayed with a friend while Josh and I went out with Megan and Annalise. We were those horrible parents that told them to pick up all of the good candy (chocolate). Hey, at least we weren't putting it in their bags for them...we would just point them in the right direction!

Then the 4-6 year olds went out after they re-stocked the field. They were not aloud to have parents go with them. Ally was SO excited for her turn (it was hard waiting while the rest of us were gone for the 0-3 year olds). When they said 'GO" she ran as fast as she could (and let me tell you, she's pretty quick) to one side of the field. As soon as she got there, she ran all the way to the other end of the field! THEN she ran back again! This whole time she did not pick up 1 single piece of candy!!! Josh and I didn't know what to do! I felt SO bad for her and wanted to go and help her. I think she just saw so many things on the ground, she didn't know what to do! Josh decided that parents or not, he was going out to help his little girl!! Good thing, because when he got to her (it was a big field and she was pretty far away) she was in tears!! I couldn't see that, but I was in tears for her on the sidelines!! Oh boy!! By the time Josh tried to help her understand more (and yes we had explained it to her before she had gone out) most of the candy was pretty much gone.

It all ended up okay because she got some in the end and was excited to have something in her bag. She only has fond memories of it now, but Josh and I just felt sick watching her struggle! Man it can be hard being a parent on the sidelines!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Girl! I love seeing how big your girls are getting. You and Josh are still so stinkin' cute! We miss you guys but glad you are doing well in TX. Come see us sometime - we are only 12 miles from the beach!

KarenB said...

This was so funny - poor little Ally, but it was too cute. I'm glad to hear of your blog! It'll be fun to see what you guys are up to. I'll send you an invite to my blog if you ever want to check it out. You have such a cute little family.

The Randall Family said...

Oh Natalie that would have been so hard to watch Ally struggle! I'm glad that Josh went out to help her. LOL! It's the hardest thing in the world when I have to watch Kailey struggle with things. I love the pictures that you guys have up. You look so beautiful! Tell Josh hello and your girls are just gorgeous!

Kirstin said...

Great new blog! Thanks for sharing, I'll be checking back often!

Heather O. said...

You've turned to the dark side! Woo--hoo!! It's always fun to see friends blogging.

Darling girls!!!

Kimberly said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you started blogging! Your girls are so cute and getting to be so big! I'm glad you guys had fun at the Easter Egg Hunt and yes, being a parent is a fun challenge! Tell Josh I said hello!! Thanks for letting me know about your blog again and I'll be checking it often!

Joanne said...

What a fun Easter tradition! I love all the pictures.

I would have died watching Ally. I think in Ollie's first egg hunt, he found one plastic easter egg and then sat down in the middle of the field to eat the stuff inside, letting everyone else grab all the rest of the candy on the field. It was so frustrating to watch! I wanted to just be sneaky and fill up his whole basket myself.

Claire said...

Hey Natalie,
I joined the blog world recently too. It is easy for family to see my boys so that is my main reason. Love your pictures, you look absolutly beautiful!!! Glad things are going well for you.
Claire
lcbtjspencer.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I hear there wasn't a lot of chocalate out there, but maybe next year we'll try Hutto>>>Taylor's ran out of eggs so quickly that there were lots of children crying. We asked Abigail to share some with others (she's an over acheiver when it comes to some things). Glad to see ya'll blogging and don't forget, you can always say "honey, why don't you blog this time!"...Jamie's never even touched this blog, but he's not one of many words so I can't even begin to wonder what he'd write!