
I don't know what I am doing! Josh has been asking me for MONTHS to start blogging (I know, strange for my husband to be the one pressuring me huh?). I have NOT wanted to start AT ALL. So, since I wouldn't give in, he decided he would do it...hee hee. He is just SO busy. He informed me tonight that he is not going to continue because he just can't keep up with it. Hello?? Didn't he listen to me in the first place? That was EXACTLY why I haven't wanted to do it. Like I don't have a thousand other things to be doing every day that don't get done. The last thing I need is one more item on my "to do list."
He goes on to say (yes...things he has said before that I chose to ignore) that he really thinks it would be good for our children when they grow up and it is a good way of journaling, let alone keeping up with family and friends that live far away. I happen to agree, that's why I was all for HIM starting a blog if he wanted to.
So I think he had it planned all along. Ask and ask for me to start blogging (and after getting many "no" answers) start himself. He didn't do it too often, but when he did, I LOVED it. It was really fun to see the things HE wrote and the pictures of our kids which were posted.
We never told people we had a blog (except Josh's and my immediate family) because I knew we wouldn't post often and I just wanted to see how it all went down. Back to his plan:
After he got me hooked to seeing the fun posts, and how great it will be for us to look back on when we're older (which I have always thought), he thought he would take it all away. CRUEL. On top of that, when he is telling me he can't continue, he is sad and totally gives me a guilt trip (or was that me giving myself a guilt trip? No...I like blaming it on him better).
So I told him if he would walk me through one post (The Easter Egg Post) then I could MAYBE see how things go.
Now, I am not promising anything here. I have no idea how often I will post, or if they will even be interesting for anyone when I do, but I am at least willing to give it a try. Ohh yeah, and also knowing myself, I may go through feasts and famine periods with blogging. Who knows! Wish me luck. I love my husband!
6 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you guys are blogging. We think about your family often, so it'll be fun to check in on your blog. I can't believe how fast they've grown - you're girls are beautiful. And yes, I totally understand meaning to blog more often, and then it ends up being sporadic. Leave it to Maren - she'll add some more guilt when your posts become sporadic.
Love you guys!
I keep saying I'm just going to copy and paste my blog so that I can make a "journal" out of it, but that will have to wait until I have the time and I keep blogging so the word document keeps getting bigger. I have a major fear of technology changing too much, where I won't be able to see my old blogs. I typed up my converstion story years ago and sure enough, they don't even put those type of floppy disks in regular computers these days! Anyway, you will enjoy blogging and reading other's blogs. I hate to read (real books), but love keeping in touch with good friends etc. Best wishes and YES, I'm still procrastinating. I should be putting on makeup, I just looked in the mirror:-)
Yay for blogging! I think it's such a fun way to keep in touch.
I remember when I first started ours, I was so nervous about it I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want anyone to actually see it.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your great blog!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited you decided to start blogging because I check your page every day and I'm sick of Chuck E Cheese...sorry. You are doing a great job and it is so fun for us to hear and see what is happening so far away..Keep it up.
Love you guys.
Welcome aboard! It's good to see your cute little family. I'm always excited to check up on our MBA peeps. Keep it coming!
Jennifer
Post a Comment