Thursday, April 17, 2008

Swimming in April?

So yes, we live in Texas, and the weather (somedays) is beautiful. The problem is that it is 80 degrees one day, and the next day 60 degress. The water in the pool therefore doesn't get enough time to warm up.

Josh had seen other kids in the neighborhood pool for about a week and thought it would be a great idea to take the girls. Isn't he a good dad? He's always thinking of what would be a new fun "family time" activity. So, we got ready and walked down the street. Some of our neighbors were outside and laughed at us for trying, except for one. He ran in and got his daughter dressed to meet us there.

Josh goes to jump in and freaks out because it is SO cold. He is so funny. I took some pictures while he tried playing with the girls as much as he could bare. As soon as I put the camera away, I went in to join the fun. It wasn't that bad! Can you guess what happened next? He got out of the pool and wouldn't get back in!!! Now, whose idea was it to go swimming in the first place?? I tried to surprise attack him and push him in, but he got me instead...figures. After he cheered us on for a while (with his towel) we were ready to go home. As we were walking home one of our neighbors asked how it went. He teased Josh a bit so Josh tried to defend himself by explaining that he'd seen a bunch of kids in there for about a week or so. Our neighbor pointed out to him that Josh had just seen kids in the water...no parents yet!

Ohh well it was fun for the girls and I guess it's the thought that counts!

7 comments:

Jaime said...

We can't wait for warm weather to swim outside...I am not a fan of cold water so you and Josh are great parents. I am so jealous of the sunshine and blue water...

The Randall Family said...

Oh how fun! Your story reminded me of our Liberty Square days. LOL! I can't wait until the weather warms up enough out here for us to go swimming. Hey, you can take the girl out of California but you can't take the California out of the girl right? : )

Kimberly said...

That's a great story! Way to go Josh. Hey, at least it ain't snowing there like it is here!! Grr....oh well, someday it'll stay warm enough to me to take Caleb to the park. I'm jealous you guys have a pool, that would be awesome. I like the pics.

*natalie said...

Hi Daytons! I am so glad you found us in blogland. It has been fun catching up...I can't believe how big (and adorable) your girls are!

Joanne said...

Haha! Well, I'm glad you guys tried it first - my kids have been begging me to go swimming, but I've been too afraid of the freezing water. Now I'm glad I waited.

At least you got some fun swimming pictures, though - I love pool pictures.

Jaime said...

Natalie,
I am tagging you. Check out my blog for more info.
~Jaime

Kae said...

I love that you tried to swim in April. We have been swimming for a few months but I guess when you live in AZ its different. Your kids are getting so big, they are just so cute. Later Kae (your cousin)