August 23, 2010 was the first day of school for Ally and Annalise! Ally was a big second grader and Annalise was just starting kindergarten! Annalise was SO ready for this day. When I dropped Ally off at school for first grade Annalise could've easily gone to kindergarten! She is really bright and could read really well before school even started. The girls could hardly sleep the night before and were easy to wake up (don't I wish they were like that every day!). We woke up and began our morning routine and were off! It was so nice to have Annalise awake to join us for family prayer. Since school has started so early (7:30am) Ally and I just say family prayer together and then I have said it with everyone else when they all wake up. It was great having another family member with us finally! Megan was so excited for the both of them that she was up bright and early herself! Ally's second grade teacher was Myra Gongora and Annalise's teacher was Andrea Mulvogue. Unfortunately Mrs. Mulvogue was on maternity leave for a few months so Annalise didn't have her all year. Annalise did have a permanent substitute while her teacher was gone (Ms. Stewart) and she loved her as well. I can't believe these two are in school together now. Everyone asks if they are twins!!
I was a bit worried about Annalise on the first day so I decided to go and have lunch with Ally and Annalise at school. Besides...Megan and Jake would love to go and visit. I surprised them and they both loved it. Did I mention that Megan loved going?? It was really fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment