Thursday, September 15, 2011

Megan's first day of pre-school





Megan began pre-school at Creative Kids Pre-School and had Ms. Barb just like Ally and Annalise. She was SO excited to go! She felt like such a big girl. Strangely enough that only lasted for the first week and then lots and lots of tears came. She would beg not to go and would tell me she did not have a good day after I picked her up. It was so sad! I found another pre-school for her (a Montessori one!) to see if that would help (she had some friends from church there). She loved it, but after the first week it actually had to shut down. I decided this was just a sign and that Megan didn't need to go to pre-school just because her sisters had gone. She would just get an extra year at home with me and I could teach her far better one on one than any pre-school could. She didn't need the social interaction anyway because she is a social bug like her mommy. Megan LOVED being at home and getting all of the extra quality time with mommy and Jake. It was the best decision ever. I loved having her with me and I loved being able to teach her and prepare her for kindergarten instead of relying on a pre-school to do the work. I am glad that she was able to experience a little bit of preschool and although she did love Ms. Barb, she loved just being at home much better!

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

I never sent any of my boys, mostly because of money, but I'm glad I didn't. Can't believe how big those girls are!