Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bees!



On April 21, 2010 The girls went wanted to go outside to play in the back yard. They got their shoes on and went out the back door. The next thing I know I hear them running inside screaming! I come and see what the problem is and I see hundreds and hundreds of bees swarming all in the air in my back yard! I have never seen anything like this. It was crazy! It looked like the sky was dark! The next thing I know all of the bees are gone. The girls ask if they can go play, but I decide to check it out first. I go near the trampoline and see a huge mound of bees hanging in a big clump on the bottom of our trampoline. It was so bizarre. I called the pest control company to see what to do and they referred me to a bee keeper. He said that bees were migrating and that they just needed a place to stay and re-group for a few days. He said that if I left them alone that they would be gone in three days or so. I wasn't convinced, but sure enough after a few days they disappeared and the girls had their trampoline back! Pretty interesting!

No comments: