What a special treat we had in May! For Jake's baby blessing Josh's parents were able to come out. They have flown out for every one of our children's baby blessings and it has been so wonderful to have them here with us! This time we were spoiled even more because Josh's grandparents flew out from Utah to be here for Jake's blessing as well. They were able to be here for about a week and we had such a great time together! It sure does make us miss being close to family! The kids have never really been able to get to know Josh's grandparents very well (or mine for that matter) because we see them so infrequently. When we do get to see each other it is usually in a large group so it has been hard for my kids to really get know them.
During the week Grandpa Toone painted Megan's nails and helped color and play while Grandma Toone brought lots of fun jewelry for the girls to pretend with. They loved every minute of the attention they gave them! We played games and went to dinner and just had fun. It was such a treat to have them here. Josh and I loved the special time we had with them as well. They are really wonderful. We had fun cooking in the kitchen (Grandpa Toone was such a great help!!) and I was able to learn from Josh's mom and Grandma. Josh's mom made a yummy cobbler and his mom and grandma both showed me a yummy salsa recipe! Grandma Toone was so great with Jake too! She played peek-a-boo with him forever and he loved it! He just smiled and smiled for her like I had never seen before. It was precious!
Of course the girls loved playing with Grandpa Dayton too. They loved playing games with him and he was a good sport to let them climb all over him! Grandma Dayton spoiled the kids like crazy by making them the most adorable and amazing dolls ever!! She has SO many talents! She called before she came to make sure she knew the girls eye color and such and then made them huge dolls that look just like themselves! If I could've had one of those when I was a little girl I think I would've died! She made the dolls their own night gowns that the girls can change them into at night and she made them skirts to match the skirts that she made for the girls last summer for Jordan's wedding. Now they actually match their dolls!! How cute is that? I just love it! The girls sleep with their dolls every night now and the dolls remind them of the hugs they get from their Grandma and Grandpa Dayton since they are so far away. It is great. We had such a wonderful time and wish that we were able to see them more often. These kids have the best grandparents!
No comments:
Post a Comment