Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jake's Baby Blessing












Jacob's baby blessing was such a special day. I know it meant so much to Josh for his dad and grandpa to be there with him in the blessing circle. I'm so grateful that they were able to fly out for it. Since Jake has been so fussy we wanted to do everything possible to help him be calm during the blessing. I got to church with Josh's mom and grandparents really early so I could go and feed Jake and "tank him up" as Josh would say before the blessing. I fed him but he was still eating away when I knew that I needed to have him ready and waiting to be blessed. I hoped that he would be okay even though he wasn't completely full. I was also hoping that he would be asleep but oh well. When they announced his blessing I brought him to Josh and sat down. I was frantically looking for something to write with and some paper because I hadn't planned ahead (I totally spaced it!) and I didn't have anything in my bag. Thank goodness that Josh's mom came to the rescue! She gave me a pen and I grabbed the program just as Josh began the blessing. I write all of the kids blessings down probably because my mom did. It is really neat to go back and read them and to have that record. In fact just a few weeks ago the primary lesson was on the priesthood and baby blessings and Annalise's teacher asked Josh to come in and talk about her baby blessing and that experience. It was great because we just pulled up Annalise's blessing and Josh was able to remember the experience so much better.

Anyway, it is always hard to write everything so I do the best that I can. It can be so hard number one because Josh always forgets that I am writing it down and so he talks too fast...hee hee (I really can't blame him!). Number two I am usually crying during the blessing so it is hard to see what I am writing! This baby blessing was incredibly special to me. It seemed really long (maybe that's because I was writing!) and I loved that! Josh was so in tune with the spirit and said some really beautiful things. It was a really special time for me. I wonder if it may be because there was so much effort that went into getting this sweet little guy here. I told Josh how meaningful and special the blessing was to me and he was a bit surprised because he thought he just gave a "normal blessing." He's so cute. I figured that I was just loving it because it was for my little boy until multiple people came up to me and to Josh and specifically told us what an amazung blessing it was. Our Relief Society President told me that she wished every baby could have a blessing like that. I agree! The whole experience just made me so grateful for the man that I am blessed to be married to. He is so wonderful. I know that he loves the Lord and that he wants to be close to our Savior. I am just so grateful that he is worthy of this wonderful priesthood that not only blesses my life tremendously but that also blesses my children's lives too. It was a wonderful day - one that I will treasure forever.

No comments: