It is hard to believe that Ally is actually in first grade already! My goodness time sure does fly by fast! Ally was pretty excited and also a little nervous to start school on Monday. She knows that she is going to have to work even harder than last year and she isn't a big fan of that idea. She started on Monday and that started us back into the days of getting up when it is still dark (not my favorite thing to do). Josh and I are really excited (and so is Ally) because her kindergarten teacher Ms. Hendrix (who we all just love) moved up to the 1st grade. Ally was able to get her again! We really feel that this will be a blessing for her academically and behaviorally. There will not be a transition for her with a new teacher and they can just pick up right where they left off. It will be great because her teacher already knows how she works best and how best to help her. Josh gave father's blessings for family night the day school started and gave Ally (and the rest of the girls) a wonderful blessing. I know that with hard work (by Ally and us) Ally will have a great year as a first grader!!
I had to make sure that she knew where she was going (since it is a new classroom of course) so I walked her into her class on the first 2 days of school. Of course I brought the camera and Ally was such a ham!! She posed for everything. I asked her if there was anywhere that she would like to take a picture and she said that she wanted to go over to the gym. There we went and she just went crazy posing left and right. That girl just cracks me up! She is too cute even for herself! I just love her personality!
1 comment:
It's so funny reading this because it seriously has not felt like it's been a whole year since you blogged about her going into Kindergarten!! That is so crazy!! I'm sure she will have an awesome year and how neat is it that she gets to have the same teacher two years in a row!!
Post a Comment