Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Haircuts!

Back in May when my mom was here we were out and about and I told her that the girls really needed their hair cut. We were driving around in Round Rock and my mom said, "hey there is a place right over there...let's go check it out!" We went in and it was like a paradise for kids! Little did we know it was a kid’s hair cutting place. I had never been to one before and let me tell you it is just adorable! They were able to get all 3 girls right in so we stayed and boy do they pamper the kids there. I wish I could've gone to a place like that when I was a little girl! Each of the girls had their own station with a t.v. monitor where the little ones could watch a movie to help them hold still while their hair is being cut. For the older kids they can play a computer game! They just put the mouse and mouse pad underneath their little cover-up thing and they play away! It really gives them something to do while they are sitting trying to hold still. Plus, it helps them hold still because they are concentrating! The girls just love it! When they needed haircuts again we went back (last Saturday)and this time I came prepared with the camera! Since it was the weekend before school started they had even more fun things for the kids to do. They had a bubble machine that blew out a ton of bubbles for the kids to have fun with while they waited; I thought it was pretty cute. They also had sand art that the kids could do too! Each of the girls made their own necklaces and they turned out so beautiful with all of the colors. They even had Mr. Snips come in and say hello. Ally and Annalise wanted to get pictures with him, but Megan only liked him from afar. After their hair was cut then they got it styled! They put jewels and glitter in Ally's hair and they put a ribbon and glitter in Megan and Annalise's hair. They sure were fancy and ready for a party (too bad we weren’t going to a party!) They all got a lolly pop and then got to go and turn their "ticket" in and get a prize! It is just such a fun place and everything there is kid friendly. They even have dress-ups in the back for doing little girl birthday parties. I will have to check into that one sometime! All in all it was a fun girls day out with mom and her girls and the girl’s hair turned out great!

No comments: