Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Megan Potty Training




Since life was so busy I decided I would try something new and wait until Megan turned 3 until I potty trained her. I would occasionally ask her if she needed to go "potty,” but nothing ever happened and I didn't expect much either. One day all on her own ( a few months before she turned 3) Megan came up to me and said "I need to go potty!" Of course I said, "okay...let's go!" although I didn't expect much (she had done this a couple times before). To my surprise she went!! I was SO excited! We threw a major party and luckily Josh was home so we all joined in! Ever since then she has been amazing! She hasn't had really any accidents and just potty trained herself! It took her a week or two before she was ready to fully be out of diapers/pull-ups because she hadn't done "the real thing" yet, but she picked it up in no time! She even was able to hold it all night long! We were shocked and I know that it was just another tender mercy from the Lord. Megan is such a blessing in our home and it was so exciting to have all three girls potty trained!!

No comments: